I now offer online lessons through Zoom (preferred) and Skype.
Recommendations for Optimal Experience
- An external webcam. Most people use the in-built camera on their laptop, which is fine, but an external webcam is better.
- Stable internet connection. The faster, the better.
- Well-lit room. This helps reduce frame rate issues (choppy video) and also makes it easier for me to see what you’re doing!
- Use a desktop or laptop computer.
My Teaching Style
- I welcome beginners. Please don’t feel shy about starting. That’s what I’m here for.
- You don’t need to be able to read music.
- I will teach you how to perform songs, techniques and associated exercises correctly.
- I like my students to do some practice, even if that’s for 10 minutes a day. Quality and regularity are key.
- Learning the guitar requires effort. If you don’t practice, you won’t improve.
- I have limits and cannot be all things to all people. I do, however, strive to conduct myself to the best of my ability at all times.
Terms & Conditions
- Once the lesson is booked and payment has been completed, there are NO REFUNDS. With 24 hours notice, I can reschedule the lesson to another time, but if you choose not to attend, the lesson and lesson fees are forfeited.
- I expect punctuality and reliability. Since I have a schedule to adhere to involving other students, I cannot provide extra time to late arrivals.
How to Make a Booking
Use the contact form and please provide some some background on yourself including:
- Your location (for time zone/booking purposes).
- Your level.
- Styles you’d like to explore etc.
I’ll provide availability and cost information and answer any questions you may have. Payment must be completed before the lesson commences.
Once we work out a day and time, I’ll email you with an invite to your lesson. This will contain all the information you’ll need to login and join the meeting.